An upset stomach can cause the feeling of nausea, indigestion and also heartburn. It can really make you feel quite ill and this should never be taken lightly. If you are experiencing any of these feelings then you should try some home remedies for upset stomach to get relief of this problem.
When you get an upset stomach the feeling can sometimes be confusing as there are many different types of stomach upsets that one can feel. Some of the different types include nausea, heartburn, gassy feeling, bloating as well as irritable bowel which will leave you feeling quite stressed out.
Luckily here are a few home remedies for upset stomach that you can turn to for a quick relief.
Home Remedies For Upset Stomach
1. By eating smaller meals spaced out throughout the day, this will help your digestive system and improve its overall function. Eating smaller meals that are rich in fiber as well as eating more vegetables and fruits will help keep your digestive system functioning properly.
2. Gassy bloating feeling can also be very uncomfortable. A good way to relieve this discomfort is to use herbs to get rid of the gassiness. Fennel, ginger and peppermint can be taken as teas or you can find them in capsule forms in your local health food stores. Drinking any of these teas will help eliminate the gassy feeling. Read also about home remedies for bloated stomach here.
3. Peppermint is also great to help settle the stomach and get rid of the nauseous feeling. You can use one drop of peppermint oil, or take peppermint candy or even drinking peppermint tea. This will not only help get rid of the sick feeling in your stomach, but also to stop the vomiting.
4. Irritable bowels can be a part of an upset stomach too. To calm this and get rid of the irritation in your bowels, chamomile tea can be great. It is potentially useful to help alleviate cramps in the stomach and at the same time also help relaxes the muscles in your stomach.
5. Prebiotics are another great to help normalize the digestive system. Eating kiwi fruits, especially together with the skin is great for keeping your digestive system healthy and prevents upset stomach and irritable bowel.
6. You can also settle your upset stomach by drinking ginger ale or sprite. These drinks help to calm the stomach down. You should also stay away from spicy foods and start eating smaller portions of foods at a time. This will make it easier for your stomach to digest what you consume.
I hope these home remedies for upset stomach will help you feeling better in no time.