Having discomfort in your stomach? Need some home remedies for bloated stomach to improve the unbearable condition? Bloated stomach is a situation when the stomach seems to be a little swollen and full even though one may or may not have consumed too much food. This can be caused by a wide variety of problems and is generally a symptom of disturbances within the small intestine. The main reason for this ailment remains a malfunctioning digestive symptom. There are several factors that can cause a bloated stomach.
These generally differ from individual to individual and depend on each person’s physiological make up. In some people, bloated stomach may be caused by ingesting too much air while in others it can be a result of allergies to certain foodstuffs. It can even be caused by consuming large quantities of aerated drinks or digestive ailments like indigestion or gas. There are many factors that may directly or indirectly contribute to a bloated stomach.
Home Remedies For Bloated Stomach
Bloated stomach is quite a common complaint amongst most people and can be easily treated using simple home remedies. There are several home remedies for bloated stomach that has proved effective for treating this ailment and one does not necessarily have to visit a medical practitioner for the same. However, if the bloating does not seem to reduce even after practicing these cures, it is best to consult a doctor to rule out more serious complications that may be a result of an underlying disease. Some of the things that you can do at home to bring and restore your stomach to its original healthy state have been listed below:
1. A change in the daily diet can work wonders for your digestive system and eliminate the problem of a bloated stomach permanently. Doctors advise the inclusion of high fiber products in your diet that aid digestion. Roughage in the form of whole wheat products, salads, raw fruits and vegetables should form a part of the diet.
2. If you have developed a bloated stomach, you can brew some chamomile tea and consume a cup of it. Chamomile tea has been known to be one of the best home remedies for bloated stomach that works by reducing the bloating. The reduction is of a significant extent.
3. Adding a hint of peppermint or ginger to the tea that you drink every day has also been known to bring down the incidence of bloating among those who suffer from it on a frequent basis. Ginger in particular has been a great home remedy for indigestion that has been used since ancient times.
4. If nothing else seems to help, intake of a little soda can help eliminate the gas in the stomach as it encourages belching. This in turn reduces bloated stomach syndrome. Carbonated water may also be consumed as an alternative to soda. Read more about home remedies for bloating here.
5. Dried fruits have been known as effective preventive elements for bloating. A handful of cashew nuts, almonds, etc. can help bring down bloating.
6. Mint is probably the most effective method of preventing the bloating of the stomach from occurring in the first place. You should thus chew mint leaves regularly to ward off signs of indigestion.
7. Apart from the above mentioned home remedies for bloated stomach, certain things that can help bring down the frequency of bloated stomach syndrome can also be practiced. You should try to avoid overeating and stay away from high fat food products. Good eating habits like slow chewing of the food before ingestion should also be practiced to keep bloating at bay.