Teething is a part of life, however for most babies it comes with pain as those first set of tooth push through the gum to emerge. It is usually a great joy for parents to see their baby’s first tooth, however you might also want to give some comfort to your baby as he or she experiences those painful moments.
Luckily there are some simple home remedies for teething that you can use to bring some relief to your toddler when he first begin to teeth. Here are a few simple teething home remedies that you can try:
Home Remedies for Teething
1. Teething Biscuit: Tough cracker biscuits are great for babies to chew on when they are experiencing teething discomfort. Give them a cracker and it will help them relief some from teething pain.
2. Give your baby a cool banana that has been refrigerated to chew. The cooling effects of the cold banana will provide excellent cooling relief for your baby’s sore gum.
3. Teething rings are great for relieving teething pain and discomfort. They are available in any baby store. Just place them in the refrigerator and when your baby begins to fuss give it to him or her to chew on.
4. A washcloth that is frozen is another effective method to help relieve teething pain. Wet a washcloth in water or chamomile tea and place it in the freezer. Allow it some time to freeze and then pass it to your baby when you notice that he or she started to fuss. Chamomile tea is great for soothing pain and reducing swelling because of its natural ability to heal inflammation. Read also home remedies for tooth pain here.
5. Apple sauce or any soft cold food is also great for bringing some relief to your baby from painful teething.
6. Place a spoon in the refrigerator for several hours and later place the rounded end of the spoon onto your baby’s gum. This is a great remedy that can help relieve the aching gum from teething pain.
Babies that are teething can be difficult to calm and sooth at times. Use the above home remedies for teething to help give your baby relief from teething discomfort.