When your salivary glands are blocked it makes it difficult to eat and swallow. One known cause of blocked salivary glands is salivary duct stones. They are painful but are not detrimentary to your general health. Blocked salivary glands makes it difficult for a person to produce saliva making your mouth dry thus causing difficulty in swallowing making life uncomfortable for you.
If infection attacks the salivary glands they will become swollen which makes swallowing even more difficult. Blocked salivary gland home remedy exists and you can try to heal the problem with it, however if the condition persist, consulting your physician is a must.
Blocked Salivary Gland Home Remedy
Here are a few blocked salivary gland home remedies you can try at home:
1. Place hot water in your mouth for five seconds. Do not swallow. Spit out the hot water then place cold water in your mouth. Keep in for five seconds. Then spit out. Repeat this for five times twice daily.
2. Use a homeopathic treatment known as Merc Sol 1m in 1 dose of powder before going to bed at nights.
3. Squeeze fresh lemon into a small glass. Drink two shots quickly each morning upon waking. Repeat this for at least 4 mornings. This should help clear the blockage.
4. Increase your intake of water daily.
5. Buy hard sour candy and suck on them. This will help with the production of saliva.
6. Drinking sour beverage will help you to produce more saliva and help reduce the discomfort.
7. Sticking to proper oral hygiene is also very helpful.
If blocked salivary glands home remedies do not help to clear up the problem in a few days consult with your doctor as you might need antibiotics to immediately help with the problem. There are several reasons why someone suffers from this problem and with the correct diagnosis you can take care of it quickly. If you are into using blocked salivary gland home remedy to alleviate the problem, treating it and feeling better is what you need as this is undeniably a very uncomfortable situation that you would want to get rid of as quickly as possible. Read also about dry mouth remedies here.