If you are desperately seeking a home remedy for split ends, reading on will put an end to your desperation…
Forget what they say…
It does not matter what people say about there being no miracle cure for split ends. The truth about this delicate matter is that you can buy products that claim to fix and repair. But the worst part about such products is that they only temporarily glue the ends back together, leaving your hair covered in sticky residue.
Thus, as you would not be able to repair the split ends that you have, your only choice is to prevent them happening in the first place. And you can quite easily do this with…
Home Remedy For Split Ends
Here are some awesome tips that are definitely going to put an end to your split ends.
1. Water is like a magic potion: You must make sure that you consume lots of water as this will help keep your body and hair hydrated. Try to keep your hair moisturized, use a conditioner after every shampoo but make sure it does not contain alcohol.
2. Why no alcohol: Alcohol will dry out your hair causing it to become brittle and much more likely to split. Thus, it is a must for you to avoid shampoos and conditioners that contain alcohol.
3. No wet brushing: When your hair is wet, do not brush it. This is because when your hair is wet, it becomes much more fragile. As such it is always better to let it dry by itself or use a towel to dry it before you begin to brush. Also, when you are brushing your hair, it is best to use a comb with wide tooth to minimize breaking and tearing the hair.
Yes, there is a home remedy for split ends. Just take a look. Read also about common causes of hair breakage in women.
4. Avoid heat at any cost: Avoid using a hair dryer to dry your hair. The heat can also do damage to your hair with prolonged use and the same goes for using flat irons, and curling irons too.
5. Vital that you get a trim: Go to your hairdresser every 4 to 6 weeks just to make sure that you get the ends of your hair cut off. Even though you are growing your hair, it does not matter, it is still advisable to get the ends trimmed every six weeks.
6. Get yourself a good hat: If you are in the sun for a long time, it is a must for you to wear a hat. This will also prevent the sun from bleaching your hair.
7. Never ever over condition: Make it a point to ensure that you do not over wash or condition your hair. By doing so, you will be preventing your body from releasing natural oils that help to moisturize your hair. And of course, one of the major reasons for split ends is dehydration. See also the use of essential oils for hair growth.
As a home remedy for split ends, it is very important that you develop a simple daily routine to keep your hair healthy. Read also hair growth home remedies that work.