Are you going absolutely stark raving bonkers trying to figure out the causes of hair breakage? Below I have highlighted 9 definitely very notable causes of the hair breaking.
Well, why does this breakage of hair take place? Hair breakage is when your hair has the tendency to keep breaking whenever you comb or wash or try to pin it up. This is a result of your hair becoming weaker or brittle. Breaking of your hair is not to be taken lightly as it can result in sloppy, lusterless and uneven hair. It can affect the way you look severely.
So what are the causes of hair breakage?
There are many reasons why hair breaks, here are some of them.
1. When you are bathing, during this time is quite possible for your hair to get caught up in a tangle and break. However, weaker ones break often and quite regularly when doing a simple action like combing.
2. If you are using chemical based shampoos in excess it is definitely not good and it will lead to hair loss. This is because chemical based shampoos have the ability of weakening your hair, more so if you have been using this shampoo for sometime now. Excessive hair shampooing tends to deplete the natural oil that your scalp produces, and with less oil, your hair starts to dry and begins to break.
3. If you are in the sun for too long, your hair gets dry and thus it becomes brittle. Also, very cold weather and harsh dry winds are bad for your hair as it makes it dry. And of course, dry hair is more susceptible to brittleness. Try these excellent dry hair home remedies here.
4. If you are not well for quite a bit of time, your hair becomes weak and it starts to break. This is because you have lost nutrition. A good diet and time will get you back to normal.
5. If you tie your hair tight or comb it very vigorously, this can also cause a lot of damage and thus lead to breakage of hair.
6. Making use of hair color can also be very damaging and in fact, many people who have used hair colors have reported either loss of hair or dryness. If you have to use, it is best done on a rare basis.
7. Even if you blow dry your hair on a regular basis, it can make your hair lose its moisture and lead to hair breakage. Therefore, it is always a good idea to let your hair dry on its own or at most use a towel for drying to minimize damage to the hair.
8. Avoid sleeping with your hair in ponytails and rollers in your hair if you want to prevent hair breakage.
9. If you wear hairstyles that are “Hard”, you can be sure that it will result in hair damage. This is because most of these “Hard Hairstyles” are molded with gel and frozen in place. And these are extremely damaging to your hair.
More causes of hair breakage particularly in women can be found here.
With the highlighted 9 causes of hair breakage, they are sure to help you understand how you can prevent your hair from breaking again.
Well, now that you have identified the real causes behind hair damage, it is now time to find out how to stop hair breakage right away. The solutions offered are simple and really easy to follow.