Getting rid of impetigo which is a contagious bacterial infection can be done by using natural home remedies for impetigo. This infection is mostly common in children however it is widely spread in people who are engaged in activities which require close contact with other people.
There are two types of impetigo one is known as bullous impetigo which occur when a blister forms on the skin causing the top layer and other layers of the skin to breakdown. The symptoms of this form of impetigo are burning, itchiness in the affected areas along with rashes, fever and irritability of the skin.
The next type of impetigo is the non-bullous. This type causes blisters which then turn into yellow looking crusts.
Impetigo can also be spread through toys, towels and anything that is used commonly by several different people. It gets into the body if there is any skin breakage then spread through other areas of the body. Learning about this infection is important so you can learn to cure it as quickly as possible.
Home Remedies for Impetigo
There are some natural impetigo home remedies that can help cure the infection before it spread:
1. One such remedy is to use tea tree oil in your bath water. Soak yourself in the water mixture then dry your skin thoroughly. Apply calamine lotion afterwards. This has been proven to quickly help to get rid of the infection.
2. Another remedy is to mix cornstarch and Vaseline and apply to the areas that are affected.
3. Chop turnip and put it in natural vinegar or rice water. Eating this will help fight the impetigo infection.
4. Blend oatmeal in water and add to lukewarm bath. Soak yourself in this mixture for at least 20 minutes. This will help the rashes to go away.
5. Practicing proper hygiene and teaching your children to wash their hands after school and after playing is a good way of preventing the spread of this infection.
I hope these home remedies for impetigo will help cure your infection and give you back your confidence. Read also home remedies for fever blisters here.